EAST COAST HOSPICE
Permanent position for a Full Time Van Driver has arisen
BASE: Sussex Road Business Centre, Gorleston
HOURS: 5 days, 35 hours per week Monday to Sunday
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Retail
SALARY: National Minimum wage applies
Experience of driving a larger vehicle is required
A C1 licence is preferred
The job is very physical and involves a lot of heavy lifting.
• Transfer stock between shops, collect paperwork for delivery to the office on a weekly basis.
• Collect donations of furniture, clothing, bric-a-brac etc. from people wishing to give these items to the charity. Only collect furniture which meets the criteria laid down by the charity. Collections will be coordinated by the Director of Retail. Take this to the shops requested.
• Be responsible for the warehouse, keeping it clean and tidy. Report any issues to the line manager
• Collect stock from the warehouse for distribution as directed by the Director of Retail.
• Deliver furniture which has been bought as coordinated by the Director of Retail.
• Help with fundraising events. Duties would include taking props, stalls, equipment etc. as directed by the Community Fundraisers.
• Refuel the van using the petrol card provided and keep mileage records as required.
• To complete all relevant paperwork on a daily basis and handed into the Director of Retail at the end of the day.
• Ensure the van is maintained in good working order, i.e. check water, air etc. Liaise with office so it is serviced and MOT’d as necessary.
• Keep the interior and exterior clean and tidy.
• Any other duties as required.
NB the base for the van is at Sussex Road so it will have to be taken back to there at the end of each working day.
This job description may be updated from time to time to consider developments within the charity.
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org