JOB DESCRIPTION: RELIEF SHOP MANAGER
JOB TITLE: Temporary Relief Shop Manager
BASE: Norwich Area
REPORTS TO: Area Shop Manager/ Director of Retail
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Board of Trustees _____________________________________________________________________________
To provide cover and support in the ECH shops in Norwich and the surrounding areas. To take full responsibility for the smooth running of the shop in which you are working on any given day and to ensure current legislation and ECH Shops Policies and Procedures are adhered to.
Candidate should have a full, clean driving licence. Experience is required and flexibility is a must. Working 5 days out of 7.
The shop manager’s duties which you will be covering are as follows:
1. To ensure timely despatch of all necessary paperwork.
2. To ensure that ECH Retail Operations Manual is followed at all times.
3. To maintain a clean and well-presented shop at all times.
4. To ensure items for sale are clean, of good quality and are well presented.
5. To ensure stock for transfer between shops is of good quality
6 To identify stock suitable for £1 shops, ragging or other disposal.
7. To work towards meeting the agreed financial targets set for the shop.
8 To promote the shop locally.
9. To undertake training as necessary.
1. To ensure all Health & Safety/Fire regulations are understood and complied with at all times.
2. Working closely with the Area Shop Manager and the Board of Trustees to suggest strategies for increasing income from the shop(s) and to implement such agreed strategies.
3. To manage volunteers working in the shop(s), ensuring compliance with the ECH Shops Policies and Procedures and Health & Safety regulations.
4. To be responsible for the security of the shop, volunteers and stock at all times.
5. To organise the volunteers’ rota in order to ensure the shop is open during the agreed hours, and to advise the Area Shop Manager whenever a problem is envisaged in keeping the shop open.
6. To have a proactive approach to Volunteer recruitment and support.
1. To recognise indications of staff stress and to facilitate staff support.
2. To participate in the induction and training of all new staff as required.
1. To work within the policies of ECH at all times.
2. To ensure effective use of resources.
3. To respect at all times the confidentiality of information related to volunteers.
4. To play an active part in the development and maintenance of good relationships with all who have business with ECH.
Because of the special nature of the Hospice and its work you may on occasion be asked to undertake other duties to help maintain our high standard of care, E.g. you may be required to work at another shop within the group. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT NECESSARILY EXHAUSTIVE, AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO REVIEW BY THE TRUSTEES IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE POSTHOLDERS.
Sussex Road, Great Yarmouth, NR31 6PF, United Kingdom
Please send covering CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org