This policy explains how and why we collect your information and what we do with it. By using our website and services, you agree to comply and be bound by the terms of this policy. If you disagree with any part of these terms, please do not use our website and/or services.
What Are Cookies?
A ‘cookie’ is a small file that can be stored on your computer. They are designed to hold a small amount of data specific to the www.eastcoasthospice.org.uk website and can be accessed by computers or handheld devices (e.g. smart phones and tablets).
In May 2011, the rules about information (including cookies) stored on your computer or accessed by our websites changed. We are required to ask your permission to use this technology where its use is not strictly necessary to provide web services you have requested.
What Cookies Are Used For?
- For technical purposes essential to the effective operation of our websites.
- To allow us to collect information about the browsing activities of our customers so we can improve their customer experience.
Can I Disable Cookies?
Yes. You can disable cookies by changing your web browser settings to reject cookies.
Why we would like some information about you
When you contact us, we collect and process information provided by you:
- When completing any form on our website.
- When reporting any fault with our services or websites or complaint relating to our services or website.
- In any correspondence between you and us.
- In response to any survey from us.
- In order to allow us to provide the service which you have requested.
We then use this information to:
- Ensure our website is effective and presents you with relevant information.
- Administer the product or service you have requested from us.
- Notify you of any changes to your existing products or services.
In addition, we may also contact you about our products and services. If you don’t wish to receive this information, you can simply say ‘no thanks’ (see the next section).
You can always ask us what information we hold about you. Please contact us on 01493 718707 if you wish to enquire about the data we hold. We’d be very happy to send this through to you. There is a small fee of £10. For more information on your rights, visit the Information Commissioner’s website.
‘No thanks, I don’t want to be contacted for promotional purposes’
We want you to be comfortable with how, when and why we contact you. It’s simple to choose. How would you like to tell us your preferences?
By Email: Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By Phone: Call us on 01493 718707.
By Post: Write to us at East Coast Hospice Office, Sussex Road Business Centre,
Sussex Road, Gorleston, Great Yarmouth, NR31 6PF, UK.
Other things you may want to know:
- What is an IP address and how do we use them?
- What’s profiling?
- Do we ensure the privacy practices of other sites to which it provides links?
- How do we store your data?
- How long we do store your data for?
- Do we share your information with other companies?
What is an IP address and how do we use them?
We may collect information about you relating to the type of internet browser you are using or the site which linked you to our website. We may also collect your IP address (this is the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet). We do not use this information to identify you personally. It is used to track visitor use and compile statistical reports on website activity, thereby allowing us to monitor which parts of our websites are most visited and most useful.
In order to develop our business, we use some of the collected marketing data to profile you and your purchase profile. This data is used to improve our services and identify new customers to whom we should be marketing. This may involve passing information onto selected third party companies, such as marketing agencies.
Do we ensure the privacy practices of other sites to which we provide links?
While we carefully select the websites to which we link, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these websites.
How will we use your data?
We will use your data in order to provide any services that you may ask for (this may include sending information to you or products purchased from our online shop). We may use your information to contact you from time to time about the charity and to gather further information and feedback from you.
Do we share your information with other companies?
We do not disclose your information to third parties for marketing purposes. We would only disclose your information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- When you have given explicit consent for us to share your data
- In order to provide any service or product you have requested
- Co-operating with law enforcement officials in the investigation of alleged unlawful activities of or relating to our customers. We will have no legal liability for such Disclosures.