...Love is not patronizing and charity isn't about pity, it is about love. Charity and love are the same -- with charity you give love,
so don't just give money but reach out your hand instead.” ― Mother Teresa
“No one has ever become poor by giving.”
― Anne Frank, diary of Anne Frank
Everyone who buys a brick will receive a commemorative Brick Appeal Certificate as a ‘thank-you’ and, if they so wish, be included on a permanent record held within the Hospice reception area.
Every brick takes us one step closer to ‘Our Vision’ - ‘Raising the Roof’ of Margaret Chadd House.
• To assemble the capital for the hospice build
• To build a facility that will provide first class specialist palliative care and a ‘home from home’ for end-of-life patients.
• To provide choice for end-of-life patients and their families; and to support them in that choice either at home or in the hospice.
• To continue to develop our fundraising strategy and charity shops to support the day-to-day running of the hospice.
• To provide training services in end-of-life care for private, third sector and statutory providers.
• Longer term to raise funds and build a small additional unit on site for children’s end-of-life services.
Make sure you 'Gift Aid It' if you can:The Government operates a scheme called Gift Aid that allows charities to claim the basic rate tax on every pound donated. So if you donated £100 to East Coast Hospice and choose to 'Gift Aid it' we will actually receive £125. Giving under Gift Aid means that so much more money can be raised at no extra cost to our donors. Click here for more information